Items needed: 10 corn tortillas, 1 large steamed sweet potato, 1/2 can black beans, 1 can green chiles, 1/4 cup green onions, 1 tsp salt & pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic, 3 tbsp Siete Foods Cashew Queso -- found at Whole Foods in the refrigerated section (if desired).
1. Steam sweet potato in the microwave. Wet your sweet potato in the sink, wrap in a wet paper towel and microwave for 6-7 minutes. Once steamed, carefully peel the skin off and mash in a bowl.
2. Add in black beans, green chiles, green onions, salt & pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic & cashew queso.
3. Heat up your tortillas. In a pan on the stove, heat up your pan to a medium/high heat with NO OIL. Carefully place your tortilla on the pan and flip after 30-40 seconds, heating up both sides. Your tortilla should be well-heated once it begins to bubble slightly.
4. After heating your tortilla, spray one side with oil (I use Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray). On the non-oiled side, fill with your sweet potato stuffing.
5. Roll the taquito and place on a baking sheet. Repeat for all 10 taquitos.
6. Bake at 400 for 16 minutes, flipping halfway through.
7. Enjoy! Tip: the inside of the taquito will be very hot, I recommend cutting them in half so that it cools a bit & you don't burn your tongue!
I drizzled mine with more Siete Foods Cashew Queso, added avocado, & cilantro. They would also be great with Yellowbird Blue Agave Sriracha sauce!