One of the most common questions I get is baby product recommendations! There are SO MANY out there, so I'm always happy to share the products that have worked for our family in hopes of making things easier on you! The registry process can be a little bit overwhelming -- it's definitely not like a wedding registry where you know what you need...haha! Lets get to it:
I have a list of products that were helpful for the hospital & the first couple of weeks with a newborn here.
1. The Hatch sound machine & nightlight is one of the first products I recommend to new moms. It's so easy to use & can be controlled by an app on your phone! We use this in Hayes' nursery as a sound machine mostly, but the nightlight is nice for late-night nursing sessions.
2. The Love to Dream swaddle is a great one! Its a zipper swaddle and allows your baby to keep their hands near their face. Hayes did not like having his arms by his side when he slept, so this was great! They also make a transitional swaddle where the arms zip off for when your baby transitions into a sleep sack. Hayes sleeps in this now.
3. One of our favorite velcro swaddles is the Swaddle Me swaddle.
4. Newton Baby Crib Mattress. I CANNOT recommend this item enough. It's pricey, but worth the peace of mind. This mattress is completely breathable in case your little one flips over at night time. 100% worth it and we will buy this again for future babies.
5. Summer Infant Baby Monitor - we love this monitor! I like that this one can grow with your family - you are able to add up to 4 cameras! Doesn't require wifi which we liked in case we had a babysitter. We wanted to be able to just hand the babysitter the monitor rather than have them download an app.
6. Hayes gets a pacifier when he sleeps, and we use the bibs pacifiers. They're great and super cute!
7. Snuggle Me Organic - great for docking the baby when they're itty bitty knowing they can't roll over in it!
8. The magic sleepsuit - This was a wonderful thing to use when Hayes was transitioning out of the swaddle but wasn't quite ready for the sleep sack yet. It keeps them from rolling over & subdues their startle reflex.
1. Haaka. I will forever and always recommend this to new moms. It's a silicone breast "pump" that suctions to your breast while you nurse on the other. It catches let down so that you can build up a freezer stash of milk without having to actually use your manual or electric pump. Amazing. I used this so frequently and we filled up nearly 20 bags of milk with the Haaka!
2. Kiinde breast milk bags. These are great & easy to store. They also sell a warming system & an attachment to turn the bag into a bottle which we have as well!
3. Boppy Nursing Pillow. I used this all the time when he was itty bitty!
4. Boon feeding tool is great now that we are starting to introduce solids. It allows your little one to taste and suck on the food if it is a choking hazard!
5. EzPz mini mat.
6. EzPz mat for feeding solids.
7. Munchkin white hot safety spoons. They get white when the food is too hot!
8. Boon grass for drying bottles.
9. Boon silicone bottles.
1. Maxi Cosi stroller & car seat combo.
2. Boba wrap for babywearing.
3. Car seat mirror - we got one for each of our cars! It allows you to see your baby's face in your rear view!
4. Pacifier clips!
5. A good diaper bag! This Freshly Picked one is great.
6. In case your diaper bag doesn't come with one, a portable changing pad for those yucky out-and-about diaper changes.
1. The Lovevery Play mat. It looks great in your house & is designed to be developmentally stimulating for your child at every age.
2. Teething toys.
3. A lovey!
1. The Skiphop bath seat.
2. Some good soft washcloths.
3. Dr. Bronner's Baby Soap.
4. The Skip Hop bath accessories!
1. We love the Pehr and Mebie baby swaddles. They are so soft and adorable!
2. Gerber baby makes decently priced footed onesie zip pajamas. Cannot reco
mmend zip pajamas enough. No one wants to button pajamas in the middle of the night!
3. Clothes wise, we love Kate Quinn , H&M, Old Navy, Zara, and Parade Organics.
Shop Hayes's nursery here.