INSTANT POT DAIRY-FREE BAKED POTATO & CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Ok so this recipe is guaranteed husband/boyfriend approved. Harrison ate two servings and practically licked the bowl. PLUS it's a super easy way to sneak in veggies and you can't even taste the cauliflower.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Items needed: 4 medium/large russet potatoes, 1 large head of cauliflower, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 13oz can of unsweetened coconut cream, 3 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 3 cloves peeled and chopped garlic. (plus desired toppings -- we topped ours with cheese & sour cream -- not dairy free -- & some turkey bacon and green onions...YUM)
1. Peel and chop potatoes into 1 inch cubes & dump in your instant/crock pot.
2. Core your cauliflower and chop into little florets and dump into your instant/crock pot.
3. Add all other ingredients into your instant/crock pot and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
4. Once your soup is cooked it might look a little funky (but you're not done!!). If you have an immersion blender, now is when you can stick that in your instant pot and blend all the ingredients up. BUT if you don't, use a spoon with slots in it and spoon out all of your potatoes and cauliflower chunks, add them to a blender, and BLEND BABY. ** You might have to do this in batches if your blender is smaller like mine.
5. Top with your desired ingredients and ENJOY!! P.s. your soup will thicken after a couple days in the fridge. To thin it out, heat it up in the microwave & add a tablespoon or so of chicken broth if you desire it thinner!