EGG WHITE PROTEIN BITES
A perfect on-the-go breakfast to eat after a workout or running out the door to work!
Items needed: 16 oz carton of egg whites (about 8-10 egg whites),
1/2 lb breakfast sausage, 1/2 large sweet potato, 1/2 cup chopped green onions, 2 cups cherry tomatoes.
1. Thinly dice sweet potato and cherry tomatoes.
2. Sautee breakfast sausage & sweet potato with salt & pepper until browned.
3. Spoon sausage & sweet potato mixture into muffin tins (about 2 spoonfuls per cup).
4. Fill each muffin tin with egg whites (about 1 cm from the top).
5. Add chopped green onions & tomatoes to each cup & sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
**The breakfast sausage truly makes such a big flavor difference in this recipe versus just using ground turkey. If you aren't into the idea of breakfast sausage, I would recommend substituting it for apple chicken sausage links (since they'll have flavor) -- just dice them really small & follow the rest of the instructions accordingly!