EASY MEXICAN CASSEROLE
Items needed: 1 lb ground turkey, 6-7 corn tortillas, 2 bell peppers, 1/2 purple onion, 1 can green chiles, 1 cup salsa, 3 tbsp light sour cream, 1 can black beans, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp cumin, 1/2 tbsp paprika, cheese of choice (I recommend pepper jack!).
1. Dice your bell peppers and 1/2 onion and sautee in a couple tablespoons of oil until cooked. About 8 min.
2. Place pepper & onion into a bowl and add your can of green chiles. Set aside.
3. Cook your turkey in the same pan with salt & pepper, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp cumin, 1/2 tbsp paprika.
4. While your turkey cooks, make your sauce! Mix together 1 cup salsa & 3 tbsp light sour cream in a food processor.
5. Now it's time to build your casserole. I did 3 full layers, but it depends on how big your dish is!
Layer one: 2 tortillas, each ripped in half -- put the straight edges of the semi-circles against the side of the dish.
Layer two: Turkey!
Layer three: Veggies!
Layer four: Beans!
Layer five: Sauce!
Layer six: Cheese!
Repeat 3x and bake for 15 min at 350F, or until cheese is melted!