CAST IRON PIZZA
You'll never make pizza any other way again.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- a cast iron skillet
- raw pizza dough (I usually grab the garlic & herb raw dough from Trader Joe's)
- toppings of choice (I used fig jam from Trader Joes, goat cheese, mozzarella, mushrooms, white onions, bacon, & fresh garlic.)
HOW YOU'LL MAKE IT:
1. Heat up your cast iron on the stove on medium high heat with a generous amount of oil. I recommend avocado oil because of the high smoke point!
2. On a cutting board or the counter top, flatten out your pizza dough into a circle, then drop it into your hot cast iron skillet.
3. While your dough is getting crispy on the bottom, carefully drop on your toppings.
4. Once you're done decorating & you see a nice golden brown bottom to your pizza crust, stick the entire cast iron skillet into the oven four 5-8 minutes at 450F until your cheese is melted and the dough is cooked through.